Our team combines both the technical knowledge of the various Egyptian tax laws and the hands-on experience. We work with our clients on an on-going basis to identify and maximize tax saving opportunities while minimizing tax liabilities in compliance with the applicable laws and regulations.
Our scope of business includes advising on corporate taxes, income and salaries taxes, foreign remittances, VAT, and double taxation agreements.
We provide legal advice on Egyptian customs law, including customs classification, customs valuation, pre-shipment inspection, new ACI system, disputes on rules of origin, import and export licensing and customs tariffs.
We further provide our legal support to our clients in the importation of the equipment and machinery necessary for establishing their projects in Egypt and benefiting from the reduced taxes and customs duty rates applicable under the new Investment Law and the VAT Law.
Sample of Recent Experience
- Represented French company Assystem for Engineering Services and providing legal and tax advice on its contracts with the Russian contractor responsible for the establishment of the Dabaa Nuclear Power Plant in relation to the extent to which it is subject to taxes in Egypt and the possibility of benefiting from tax exemptions in accordance with local laws and applicable double taxation agreements.
- Advising Bombardier Transportation, the global mobility leader, in relation to its EPC contract with the Egyptian National Tunnel Authority regarding the mega project of the Monorail Transportation System for the New Administration Capital and the 6th of October City.
- Advised FAS Energy, a subsidiary of Fawaz Al-Hokair Group, throughout the whole process of importing the equipment, machines and PV panels necessary for establishing its 50MW solar plant in Benban solar park at Aswan, Egypt, as well as obtaining all the governmental approvals and letters required for benefiting from the reduced customs duty and VAT rates granted to renewable energy investors under the applicable laws.
- Advised and represented the US company Kellogg’s International and Tolaram Singapore in the importation of the equipment and machinery necessary for establishing their food manufacturing plant in Egypt and benefiting from the investment incentives and the taxes and customs reductions applicable under the new Investment Law.
- Advised Sterling & Wilson, one of the leading EPC companies throughout the whole process of importing the necessary equipment and PV panels needed for the construction of 100MW solar power plants in Benban solar park, Aswan, Egypt, and benefiting from the reduced customs duty and VAT rates applicable on the imported equipment and PV panels.
- Advise Nuxe, the French cosmetics manufacturing company in relation to the applicable taxes in Egypt.
- Represented one of the multinational food processing companies on customs valuation during highly complex investigations carried out by local authorities under Article VI Convention (Customs Valuation).
- Representing the group of exporters of the PET product imported to Egypt, and successfully managed to obtain a decision of canceling the preventive measures imposed by the Egyptian government on the product. Our team participated in preparing responses to questionnaires and inquiries by the concerned authorities as well as attending the hearings.