Our firm has wide experience in establishing all types of companies and legal entities pursuant to different investment systems in Egypt includes establishing companies pursuant to the Companies Law, new Investment Law and the Special Economic Zones Law.
We offer all related legal services starting from advising our clients in choosing the most suitable legal form for their projects and business needs, along with taking all necessary procedures to establish companies until the completion of the registration and licensing procedures. In addition, we provide our clients with the necessary support in obtaining approvals and licenses required for the commencement of the project’s activity and operations as well as in handing the corporate administrative works and the day-to-day secretarial matters for the incorporated company.
We also handle the procedures of establishing other types of legal entities including branches of foreign companies, representative offices as well as sole shareholder companies.
We further provide legal support to our clients relating to the importation of the equipment, machinery and raw materials needed for their projects and to benefit from the customs and tax exemptions when applicable and the other privileges stated in the new Investment Law 72/2017
Sample of Recent Experience
- Advising and representing Chinese group Haier in establishing a joint venture under the Investment Law system: We advised Haier in relation to its joint venture in Egypt with Raya Group for manufacturing and distribution of Haier products in the Egyptian market. Our work included conducing legal due diligence on the counterparty as well as drafting the joint venture agreement. Haier is a multinational home appliances company with headquarter in China.
- Establishing a Joint Venture for Savills, the UK real estate renowned company: we advised and represented Savills International in establishing its first company in Egypt. Savills is one of the world’s largest companies specializing in real estate management, feasibility studies, valuation and real estate marketing. The company has more than 700 offices in 60 countries around the world, with more than 35,000 employees and 7 branches in the Middle East.
- Establishing a Joint Venture for the Kellog’s, the American multinational food manufacturing company: we advised and represented the US company Kellogg’s International and Tolaram Singapore to establish their food manufacturing plant in Egypt in accordance with the new Investment Law. We provided integrated legal support in drafting the land purchase agreement, importation of machinery and benefiting from investment incentives and the taxes and customs reductions under the new Investment Law. In addition, we provided assistance in the recruitment of employees, obtaining work permits for foreign experts and obtaining all licenses and approvals necessary to start operations.
- Establishing, providing legal support and representing the Japanese SARAYA Company Ltd (a Japanese manufacturer): we structured and established the project company for Saraya Company in the Suez Canal Economic Zone (SCZone) to set up a plant for the manufacturing or natural cosmetics, disinfection and other chemical products over a land area of 14,000㎡ at the Southern gate of the Suez Canal in Ain Al-Sokhna. The estimated investment cost of the project is USD 50 million. Our Firm has provided the necessary technical and legal support to the Japanese parent company in all establishment procedures, purchasing the land of the project and obtaining the permits and approvals from the Economic Zone Authority in the Suez Canal.
- Advised and represented SADA Pack in establishing their cosmetics factory in Egypt. R&R has provided integrated legal support in drafting the land purchase agreement, importation of machinery and obtaining all licenses and approvals necessary to start operations. Also, R&R is handling the Company’s Trademark file in Egypt before the competent authorities.