Our team has wide experience in drafting and reviewing a wide range of commercial contracts including; sales and purchase agreements, technology transfer agreements, distribution and agency agreements, franchises agreements, manufacturing and supply agreements, service provision agreements, outsourcing contracts, constructions related agreements, management and consultancy agreements, importation agreements, housing, branded-residence and hotel management and leisure agreements.
Based on the requirements of our clients, we either provide them with our template agreements prepared by our team in compliance with the applicable laws and regulations in Egypt after revising them on a case by case basis to fit into the requirements and business needs of our clients; or review and amend the global standard contracts used by our clients to ensure their compliance with the Egyptian local laws.
Sample of Recent Experience
- Construction agreements: Representing the Saudi Arabian group Al-Hokair in its prominent project with the New Urban Communities Authority (NUCA) to set up a waste-to-energy (WtE) facility in 10th of Ramadan City. Our task includes negotiating and drafting a Framework Agreement with NUCA (on a BOT scheme) covering the rights and obligations of each party in relation to the project, including the usufruct of the land, the supply of wastes, the production of electricity and the sale and purchase of the generated electricity based on the WtE tariff announced by the Egyptian Cabinet.
- EPC and O&M: Acted for FAS Energy in negotiating and drafting the EPC and O&M agreements with GE to build the 50-MW solar power plant in Benban solar park under the Feed-in Tariff program.
- Projects infrastructure agreements: Advising the consortium of China Railway Group Limited & AVIC International Holding Corporation on their construction, M&O and supply agreements relating to the 10th of Ramadan Railway Project.
- IP license agreement: advising the multinational G4S Plc company in relation to the IP License Agreement with its partner in Egypt.
- Industrial real estate purchase agreement: Representing the multinational food manufacturing company, Kellogg’s, in negotiating and drafting the purchase agreement of the land necessary for the establishment of its factory in the 6th of October Industrial Zone and handling the transfer of its ownership from the owner to our client before the Industrial Development Authority and the New Urban Communities Authority. We also represented the Japanese company Saraya in the drafting and completion of the contract for the purchase of land necessary for the establishment of its projects in the Suez Canal Economic Zone, a purchase from the Egyptian-Chinese joint investment company as well as Suez Industrial Development Company (SIDC).
- Hotel and leisure agreements: Advising and representing Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG) in relation to providing branded residences and rental pool arrangements. We drafted and reviewed the residence management agreement as well as the rental pool program agreement and the sales and marketing agreement.
- Joint venture agreement: Representing Savills UK, the leading real estate consultancy company, in the establishment of joint venture with Sphere Company for management and marketing of Arkan West Cairo project. We also prepared the shareholders agreement concluded between the two companies for the formation of the joint venture.
- Financial mortgage agreement: Representing KSA owned Marakaz Real Estate Investment Company in relation to its mortgage finance contracts.
- Distribution and agency agreement: Representing the British company Tensar, a pioneer in the field of drilling equipment, heavy industries and equipment, in drafting and concluding distribution contracts for its products in Egypt. We also drafted the distribution agreement between Kubota Corporation, a Japanese manufacturer of tractor and heavy equipment machines, and its local distributor in Egypt.