We have a specialized arbitration team with extensive experience in handling high-value ad-hoc as well as institutional arbitrations according to the rules applicable at major arbitration institutes including, ICC, ICSID, DIAC and CRCICA.
Our team handle complex arbitration cases with high value and high-profile disputes involving high strategic advice, multiple practice specialties and cross border proceedings.
We are also one of the few law firms in Egypt which have a team specialized in labour arbitration and labour collective disputes.
Our Services Include:
- Preparing pre-hearings succinct and meticulous assessment of the value and merits of the dispute to advice the client on the strengths and weaknesses and the proper strategy to deploy.
- Assisting in the settlement negotiations and arrangements for certain disputes.
- Handling the proceedings during the hearings or negotiations stage up until the issuance of final/enforceable awards.
Sample of Recent Experience
- Representing a well-known Korean architecture and engineering company, in a dispute with a local subcontractor before Cairo Regional Centre for International Commercial Arbitration (CRCICA).
- Successfully represented a Spanish multinational conglomerate in a dispute with the main contractor under the subcontract agreement in relation to the Grand Egyptian Museum project. The negotiations led to a final settlement agreement between the parties.
- Successfully obtained an EGP 120 million’s award in favour of a major Chinese automotive company in a dispute with its local partner in Egypt before Cairo Regional Centre for International Commercial Arbitration (CRCICA). The arbitral tribunal unanimously decided to terminate the partnership agreement between the parties and compensate the Chinese company for 114 million Egyptian pounds in addition to the recovery of fees and costs of arbitration.
- Represented a well-known UK airline company in a labor arbitration case handled against the Egyptian Labor Union for Air Transport. We acted on behalf of the company in the negotiation and arbitration stages.
- Representing a British company before the Egyptian courts on collective labor lawsuit/arbitration filed by a group of employees on the grounds of arbitrary dismissal following the company’s downsizing of its workforce and restructuring in Egypt.