Our team has rich practical experience in trade remedies, including anti-dumping, subsidy and safeguards laws and regulations. Our partners established and maintained positive communication with the Egyptian foreign trade authorities, the , investigation authorities such as the Anti-dumping, Subsidy and Safeguard Department (ASSD) affiliated to the Ministry of Trade and Industry, , customs authority, chambers of import and export, and the industrial associations.
We help our clients by conducting and providing complete and accurate advice on how to prepare their responses to questionnaires and other necessary documents required by the Egyptian investigation authorities.
Our Services Include:
- Monitoring relevant Egyptian industries and reminding clients of potential Egyptian anti-dumping or safeguard investigations.
- Advising on Egyptian anti-dumping and safeguard laws and regulations and assisting clients to determine their strategy in specific case.
- Participating in Egyptian safeguard investigations on behalf of clients and providing relevant legal services.
- Assisting clients in negotiations with both Egyptian authorities and industries, and applying for product-specific exclusion, and negotiate settlements.
- Prepare non-injury briefs and reply memoranda on reports issued by the ASSD setting fourth its findings and conclusions.
- Handling challenges against any decisions by governmental authorities before the Administrative Courts.
Sample of Recent Experience:
- Representing the Chinese exporter Qingdao Hetag Machinery Co., Ltd in relation to the anti-dumping investigations in Egypt initiated against pre-stressed concrete steel strands.
- Successfully represented China Petroleum and Chemical Industries Federation in a safeguard investigation initiated by the Egyptian Government on the PET imported into Egypt. We assisted in the planning and lobbying, participated in the preparation of the responses to questionnaires and the non-injury briefs as well as attending the hearing sessions. The Egyptian Government terminated the investigation without imposing any measures.
- Advising exporters on the anti-dumping sunset review on porcelain tableware.
- Advising a multinational petroleum exporter of Polyethylene from Saudi Arabia to Egypt in an anti-dumping investigation.
- Representing a Turkish company exporter in the anti-dumping investigation against alleged dumping of cosmetics. No anti-dumping duties were imposed.